The De Soto Public Library holds a unique position in the De Soto Area. Within the confines of Wisconsin, we are the only public library within 25 miles in any direction, giving us the ability to serve the residents of De Soto, Red Mound, Retreat, Ferryville, Genoa, Victory, Stoddard and the rural areas between these locations.
Our book collection is now over 13,000 and includes adult fiction, children’s, juvenile, young adult and non-fiction sections. Our DVD collection is at 1,900 and includes movies, documentaries, TV series, Classic movies, Westerns and more!
Our goal is to offer programs and services to the residents that will enrich their lives through book lending services, internet usage and other programming that will enhance our unique position as a community service.
Services we offer:
- book lending, including books (and e-books) from other libraries around the state and country
- dvd’s and audio books available
- toddler and preschool story-time, Tuesday mornings during the school year
- summer reading program for toddlers through high school
- free wi-fi on an open network 24/7
- 4 public-use computers with the ability to print (for a small per-page fee)
- photocopying and fax available (for a small per-page fee)
- magazines and local newspapers. Magazines are available for check-out
- reading area
- youth & teen programming during the school year
- community programming on new topics as speakers are available
- display cases for community members to share their art, collections or memorabilia
Our Board of Directors meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 5:30 p.m. at the library. Board meetings are open to the public. Contact the library at least 2 weeks in advance if you’d like to have something discussed on the agenda.
If you’re interested in being part of the Board of Directors when we have openings, please let us know.