The Winding Rivers Library System, in cooperation with the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium, provides access to some eBook resources.
Expired Library Cards: Please note, if your library card has expired, you will not be able to download content. Please contact your local library to have your card renewed.
PIN Number: The default is the last four digits of the phone number in your library records.
Overdrive:audiobooks, eBooks, movies, and music..
Will my device work with Overdrive?
|EBSCO: nonfiction eBooks.
Instructions for downloading from EBSCO
To transfer titles to a portable device:
|iPad/iPhoneOverdrive App for iPad/iPhone|
|NookOverdrive App for Nook HD, Nook HD+, Nook Tablet, and Nook Color||KindleKindle FAQ & Step-by-Step guide|
- EPUBs and PDFs can be returned early through Adobe Digital Editions on a computer, or through OverDrive Media Console on a portable device. WMA and MP3s *can’t* be returned early.
- Be careful to choose the right format for your computer or device– the Kindle link is easy to hit instead of EPUB for instance.
- Apple devices will not play WMA audiobooks without first being downloaded to a PC first (not a Mac, and not directly to the device), then transferring to the device via OverDrive Media Console.
- Not all publishers offer their catalogs for libraries or in all formats– we are always happy to see if any particular title is available to libraries in the desired format.
- Timing is critical: patron has 72 hours from when the notification email was sent (consider if it was in the middle of the night), and 30 minutes to move title from their cart to checkout. We urge people to take care of both steps promptly so they won’t lose their holds.