New Audiobook on CD:
- The Screwtape Letters, by C. S. Lewis; adapter/director, Paul McCusker; multi-voiced readers: Andy Serkis, Geoffrey Palmer, Laura Michelle Kelly, Eileen Page. This full-cast dramatization of the diabolical classic is on 4 CDs, with 1 DVD containing: Glimpse of of The Screwtape Letters, Playing Screwtape, C.S. Lewis, the man behind Screwtape, Genesis of The Screwtape Letters, Behind the scenes, Screwtape in 5.1 Surround (entire audiobook).
- The Great Wall, novelization by Mark Morris. The official movie novelization of The Great Wall, a movie directed by Zhang Yimou; from a story by Max Brooks and Edward Zwick & Marshall Herskovitz; screenplay by Carlo Bernard & Doug Miro and Tony Gilroy.
- Heated Exchange, a novel, The Beyond Lochmoor Glen series, volume 1, by Arianna Snow.
New Children’s Fiction:
- The Relic of Perilous Falls, Will Wilder, book 1, by Raymond Arroyo.
- The Lost Staff of Wonders, Will Wilder, book 2, by Raymond Arroyo.
- Cold War on Maplewood Street, by Gayle Rosengren.
- What the Moon Said, by Gayle Rosengren.
- The Eagle of the Ninth, The Roman Britain trilogy, book 1, by Rosemary Sutcliff.
- The Silver Branch, The Roman Britain trilogy, book 2, by Rosemary Sutcliff.
- The Lantern Bearers, The Roman Britain trilogy, book 3, by Rosemary Sutcliff.
Hot Reads for Cold Nights started Monday, January 2nd at Norwalk Public Library. Read a book, write a review, win a prize. Prizes are first, mugs, second, a choice of an instant hot chocolate, or cider, or coffee packet, third, lighted keychains, fourth, magnets, and fifth, book bags. We have eleven mugs left, so read, read, read. Hot Reads ends when the mugs are all gone!
The April Showers Bring May Flowers Coloring Contest for grades Kindergarten to 8th runs from March 20th through April 17th. Pick up your picture to color any day from March 20th to April 17th. Prizes awarded April 17th. Come play the Right Left Game Monday, April 17th at 4:30 pm.
The N-O-W Traveling Preschool Playgroup will return to Norwalk Wednesday, April 5th from 10 to 11:30 am. Treats, stories, and games geared for preschoolers, with a chance for caregivers to talk to educators.
Friday, April 7th, from 1:30 to 2:30 pm the Mystery Book Group will discuss 3rd Degree, by James Patterson, with Andrew Gross, the 3rd book in the Women’s Murder Club series. From NoveList, provided by BadgerLink: “Detective Lindsay Boxer, Assistant D.A. Jill Bernhardt, and the other members of the Women’s Murder Club try to find out who is responsible for a series of violent incidents, all with links to political terrorism and the sinister “August Spies”.”