New Blu-Ray Disc:
- Yellow Submarine, by The Beatles; Apple Films present a King Features production ; from an original story by Lee Minoff ; screenplay by Lee Minoff and Al Brodax, Jack Mendelsohn and Erich Segal ; produced by Al Brodax ; directed by George Dunning. Originally released as a motion picture in 1968. Based upon a song by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. “Once upon a time or maybe twice, there was an unearthly paradise called Pepperland, a place where happiness and music reigned supreme. But all that was threatened when the terrible Blue Meanies declared war and sent in their army led by a menacing Flying Glove to destroy all that was good. Enter John, Paul, George and Ringo to save the day! Armed with little more than their humour, songs, and of course, their yellow submarine, The Beatles tackle the rough seas ahead in an effort to bring down the evil forces of bluedom.”–Container.
New Music on CD:
- The Beatles, 1967-1970, by The Beatles. Songs chiefly composed by John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Originally released in 1973. Disc 1: Strawberry fields forever — Penny lane — Sgt. Pepper’s lonely hearts club band — With a little help from my friends — Lucy in the sky with diamonds — A day in the life — All you need is love — I am the walrus — Hello, goodbye — The fool on the hill — Magical mystery tour — Lady Madonna — Hey Jude — Revolution. Disc 2: Back in the USSR — While my guitar gently weeps — Ob-la-di, ob-la-da — Get back — Don’t let me down — The ballad of John and Yoko — Old brown shoe — Here comes the sun — Come together — Something — Octopus’s garden — Let it be — Across the universe — The long and winding road.
- Eat What You Love Everyday, 200 All-New, Great-Tasting Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories, by Marlene Koch
- Same Kind of Different As Me, by Ron Hall & Denver Moore with Lynn Vincent
- Invisible, by James Patterson and David Ellis
Mystery Book Group
The Mystery Book Group’s next meeting is Friday, August 1st, and from 1:30 to 2:30 pm we’ll discuss Mercy Falls, by William Kent Krueger, the 5th book in the Cork O’Connor mysteries series. From NoveList, provided by BadgerLink: “Still troubled by an ambush that leaves his deputy lingering near death, Sheriff Cork O’Conner must investigate the mutilation murder of a Chicago businessman. Soon Cork finds himself distracted by the lovely female shadowing him and the handsome man stalking his wife.”